TapInfluence Application

Jackson Wyoming SEO Forums Affiliate Networks TapInfluence Application

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  GravityFed 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Mike Hardaker
    Keymaster

Anyone using TapInfluence? I applied and got the following email. 🙂

“Thank you for your interest in joining the TapInfluence marketplace. Unfortunately, you do not currently meet Tap’s community guidelines. This could be for a variety of reasons; most likely you do not hit our required follower threshold (6k-10k across all social channels).”

*crazy to think they are only ranking a website / blog based on it’s social numbers. I can pay $5 and get tens of thousands of “fans” but that’s not the point.

Social is a great time waster and if it’s the only way your driving traffic its nowhere near sustainable.

GravityFed
    Participant

Try reaching out and demonstrating your sincerity.. I applied early with TheDailyPow.com and got a notification several months later about not meeting qualification standards. I reached out and intro’d myself blah blah blah and the account stayed active. Been meaning to dive in more and still plan to.

I understand the need for vetting but some companies can go overboard. I especially find it amusing that so many CJ merchants just deny by default, and only after you reach out and “sell yourself” will they let you access the program.

At the network/platform level I think AWIN has great vetting process where they charge pubs a $5 fee to apply, which gets refunded via payouts once active and generating sales.

In CJ I only submitted a form and was in. EPN actually called my cell phone to chat before activating me.

GM

GravityFed
    Influencer Marketing for Outdoor Brands

Mike Hardaker
    Keymaster

I guess as I re-looked at their website there is no way I would want to join them.

Is this even legal:

“Earn Money

by creating and sharing brand-sponsored content with your followers. Avoid the hassle of negotiating rates up front or invoicing at the end. Everything is handled in our platform.”

I believe Google is not a fan of sponsored post seems like a great way to piss off your dedicated readers?

In other words, sponsored articles amount to advertising on a media outlet in the form of editorial content that looks like it’s supposed to be there. Brands value this because association with a publication and exposure to its audience can drive awareness, traffic, conversions, and leads.

GravityFed
    Participant

You could not pay me to care any less about Google these days :))

It’s all about adequate disclosures.

https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/tapinfluence

Total Equity Funding
    $22.7M in 4 Rounds from 6 Investors
    Most Recent Funding
    $14M Series B on April 19, 2016

GravityFed

Mike Hardaker
    Keymaster

You could not pay me to care any less about Google these days :))

I disagree. Google aka God makes or breaks a website.

We got almost 120,000 organic free hits from Google search in the past year. So that’s my bread and butter big time. If anything I realized how useless social media is in all of this. Way too much competition and a very low engagement. I wonder what the CTR are on those platforms.

only 18% of our traffic was social, a platform we can’t control.

For me personally I feel Google is the most important traffic funnel, basically its all I need to be a success in this space. If Big G or God turns out my traffic flow then guess what there goes REI etc etc..

GravityFed
    Participant

But if Big G or Jah does not turn out traffic flow you’re out of business.

GravityFed

Mike Hardaker
    Keymaster

Luckily my clients keep paying me to keep them on Google.. That being said maybe not everyone has the money or time stoke out the Rastafarian train.

Do you use Google’s Search Console on GravityFed?

Its great at showing clicks, impressions, CTR, and position for all your organic keywords. I have focused on this for both my websites to great success. Pro Tip” Go after all the positions 10 and above as those are lurking on Page 2 of SERP. With a little work, and some SEO love… You can easily have a ton of pages and search terms on the front page of Google.

If you are interested in learning more let me know.

GravityFed
    Participant

Thanks for the info! I will sincerely use it.

Honestly I have not paid attention to SEO in a long time. Just try and focus on putting out good content. I used to watch SERPs religiously, but not in a quite a while.

Seen a lot of pubs crash over the years because they were nearly and exclusively dependent on free Google traffic. In fact I was one of them at one point. Hero to zero overnight with one Google algo change.

GravityFed

Mike Hardaker
    Keymaster

I will work on writing a piece on the benefit of bloggers using Search Console.

Hero to zero overnight with one Google algo change.

You hit on a strong point here, and know that you were not alone in those zero to hero moments.

I have watched organic traffic fluctuate throughout the year, as a site that focuses heavily on winter sports it makes sense to see the spike in Jan. Whats tough is how much organic we had in 2015… 2010-2013 were even higher numbers however I switched google accounts and lost the data, whoops.

One thing to keep in mind is there is a LOT more competition in all of our spaces and niches these days. I am all for it, however it means we have to be clever and creative, 1000 % ethical and have a strong will.

Content is key, no matter what. It’s like the Field of Dreams saying “If you build it they will come” sure it might take time but again see that will part as you know Gary, when was your first review again?

I like the discussions we are starting here and look forward to watching all of us grow our niches, traffic and revenue.

GravityFed
    Participant

“Gary, when was your first review again?”

In my intro I talked about the Burton 420 Kit, but that was really just a product page produced as static HTML from an old Backcountry.com datafeed file. It ended up #1 result in Google for almost a year back then. That a long with literally dozens (if not hundreds) of other product pages from powder skis to mountaineering sleeping bags. This was before Google was smart enough to know I was not a retailer, or the authoritative source of that content. And incidentally, not that prior to the “hero to zero” moment.

After we took that hit we stopped mass producing datafeed pages, and focused on producing our own content. Luckily we did because those that stuck to gaming search engines, and building entire thin affiliate site after site for every category or product group became irrelevant or broke or both.

Likely I don’t have to tell anyone reading today that building sleepingbagoutlet.com, with sleeping bag datafeed content from multiple merchants, is a waste of time. But that was pervasive and still is and does none of us any good.

Before that though GravityFed was bringing together high-profile skiers, kayakers, etc. with brands to produce gear reviews as far back as 2001. We were actually doing “influencer marketing” before it was ever defined…affiliate marketing was hardly known about, the Blogosphere had yet to explode and social media was limited to MySpace.

We were just producing reviews to get content and free gear. You get it. Cheers! GM

I actually have all the archives

GravityFed

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.