AvantLink WordPress Plugin not working

Jackson Wyoming SEO Forums Affiliate Networks Avantlink AvantLink WordPress Plugin not working

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dzemens 4 days, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1071

    dzemens
    Participant

    Anyone else use the WP plugin from AvantLink? It’s no longer working. The IFRAME that shows up in the WYSIWYG editor is just a blank IFRAME. Looks like there may be some error in the plugin itself.

    If you don’t use the WP plugin, what’s another (relatively) easy way to add affiliate links via Keyword search?

    The ALE requires existing links to partners, which is one option I suppose, but still requires manually finding the actual partner links and inserting those in the content. That’s only a marginal improvement over using the Custom Link Builder via AvantLink’s Tools.

    I’m tinkering with their API, and might be able to cobble some PHP together. For example, I’ve configured a request to return 3 matching items & retailer name, and it returns me some XML:

    <NewDataSet>
    <Table1>
    <Buy_URL>
    URL1
    </Buy_URL>
    <Merchant_Name>The House</Merchant_Name>
    </Table1>
    <Table1>
    <Buy_URL>
    URL2
    </Buy_URL>
    <Merchant_Name>Moosejaw</Merchant_Name>
    </Table1>
    <Table1>
    <Buy_URL>
    URL3
    </Buy_URL>
    <Merchant_Name>evo</Merchant_Name>
    </Table1>
    </NewDataSet>
    #1078

    Mike Hardaker
    Keymaster

    we just hyper link all the backcountry.com and rei.com links etc etc.. I made sure that each review article had 1 outbound link which was an ALE. So we would link direct to the product and let AvantLink handle the rest.

    AS I typed that last sentence it made me go hmm, is AvantLink really reporting all sales and clicks? Hopefully 🙂

    But yeah the ALE has worked well for me. We don’t use there plugins.

    #1081

    dzemens
    Participant

    Right on. I had installed the plug-in years ago, used it maybe a few times, but even when it was working it was dreadfully slow.

    Now, for whatever reason it’s not working at all. Which is fine, because it forced me to dive in to the API request builder, which really gives me a lot more freedom to do neat stuff, potentially.

    ALE was my Plan B, probably would’ve been less work & stress on my part, but I think the API is probably more scalable and flexible for future needs.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.